Here at Northallerton Glass we keep all common types of glass in stock and most small quantities can be cut to size while you wait.
Float glass is a sheet of glass made by floating molten glass on a bed of molten metal, typically tin, although lead and various low melting point alloys were used in the past. This method gives the sheet uniform thickness and very flat surfaces. Modern windows are made from float glass. Most float glass is soda-lime glass, but relatively minor quantities of specialty borosilicate and flat panel display glass are also produced using the float glass process. The float glass process is also known as the Pilkington process, named after the British glass manufacturer Pilkington, which pioneered the technique (invented by Sir Alastair Pilkington) in the 1950s.
Below is a list of all types of glass available:
- 2mm Clear / Diffused (Picture framing service available)
- 3mm Horticultural / Green house glass (Standard sizes / cut to size)
- 4mm Clear
- 4mm Tinted (Bronze/Grey)
- 4mm Obscure (All Pilkington patterns available)
- 6mm Clear
- 6mm Patterned (All Pilkington 6mm patterns available)
- 4mm Mirror (Including 3 different tinted colours)
- 6mm Mirror (Including 3 different tinted colours)
- 4.4mm Laminated
- 6.4mm Laminated
- 6.8mm Acoustic laminated
- 8.8mm Laminated
- 10.8mm Laminated
- Pyrosheild Clear / Textured wired glass
- 8mm / 10mm / 12mm / 19mm Clear
We can shape / polish / bevel / drill most types of glass to your requirements. We can work to your dimentions or drawings / templates.
Please enquire for more details Contact Us Form