Cut to Size Fire Rated Glass
Compliance with the minimum standards of fire safety laid down in Building Regulations is crucial in achieving buildings which provide adequate protection for life and property in the event of fire.
Developments in glass have resulted in the introduction of more sophisticated products with increasingly higher fire resistance performances, in both integrity (resistance to fire penetration) and insulation (resistance to the transfer of excessive heat).
We can provide fire rated glass for may different applications in both wired and clear forms.
- Integrity – This type will not break under the stress of fire for either 30 mins or 60 mins depending on the specification of the glass.
- Insulation – This type concentrates more on keeping heat from transferring heat through the glass, for example glass being used around a fire escape should be insulation so people can still pass without being expose to heat.
We use glass that passes building regulations for the following requirements: –
- 30min Integrity
- 30min Integrity & Insulation
- 60min Integrity
- 60min Integrity & Insulation
- Use Our Online Glass Price Calculator
We keep a full range of intrumescent sealant and tape and also ceramic tape for fire glass installation. Without these specialist fitting materials your fire door will not pass building inspection.